In-person Hybrid Schedule Protocols
These protocols will observed for the duration of the Hybrid Schedule:
- For In-Person Students:
- Bring laptops to class, fully charged, every day
- Always use the door on your right when entering (and exiting) the band room
- Go directly to your assigned seat; switch from your standard mask to your playing mask
- PLAYING MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES by in-person students, who should not play until instructed to do so
- A BELL COVER must remain on your instrument for you to play
- Continuous playing in the band room will be limited to 30 minutes (per NFHSA guidelines); intermittent playing will be limited to 45 minutes. When these limits are met, we will leave the band room, take a brief walk around the hallway, and then return (to allow the air to dissipate, per guidelines)
- Except for tubas and bari saxophones, all students will have to carry their instruments with them on band days
- Percussionists must use their own mallets and sticks; none will be provided for you
- NO PRINTED MUSIC WILL BE DISTRIBUTED; music will be posted on Canvas and must be downloaded/printed at home. In-person students must bring their own music to class
- In-person and Zoom students will be taught synchronously for part of each class period. For the remainder, Zoom students will work asynchronously, while in-person students will work with Dr. Moore on similar material
- BE PATIENT. Dr. Moore and Mr. Damman will be balancing time and focus between in-person and Zoom students
Marching Band COVID Protocols
Link to Pre-Rehearsal Screening Form (log in with school email account)
ADOPTED: AUGUST 13, 2020
Update: October 5, 2020
We Will Strictly Follow This Pre-Rehearsal Routine:
- 60 minutes before rehearsal: all students will complete the Marching Band COVID Health Screening form. Students will be required to sign in to Google using their school email account. Students must also know their Squad Number to complete the form.
- 20 minutes before rehearsal, the Screening Team (parent volunteers) report to the band office to pick up then set up a sanitizing station (hand sanitizer, disinfectant, paper towels, gloves).
- 15 minutes before rehearsal: Students leave their vehicles with masks on and report to their Staging Area. Social distance kept at all times.
- Start time: the Screening Team will take individual temperatures. Anyone with a temperature over 100.3 will be sent home immediately.
- As temperatures are taken, the band directors and drum majors will be taking attendance and verifying completion of health screenings.
PLAYING MASKS AND BELL COVERS/FLUTE SHIELDS
Bell covers and playing masks (which must be made by each student, video link below) are required at all rehearsals. A second preliminary report was recently released by the University of Colorado team studying aerosol spread of respiratory particles through band instruments. That report recommends the use of playing masks – face masks worn while playing with slits to access a mouthpiece—for indoor rehearsals. Out of an abundance of caution, even though we are staying outside I am going to require everyone to make a playing mask for summer and fall rehearsals.