Link to Pre-Rehearsal Screening Form (log in with school email account)
ADOPTED: AUGUST 13, 2020
Update: October 5, 2020
We Will Strictly Follow This Pre-Rehearsal Routine:
- 60 minutes before rehearsal: all students will complete the Marching Band COVID Health Screening form. Students will be required to sign in to Google using their school email account. Students must also know their Squad Number to complete the form.
- 20 minutes before rehearsal, the Screening Team (parent volunteers) report to the band office to pick up then set up a sanitizing station (hand sanitizer, disinfectant, paper towels, gloves).
- 15 minutes before rehearsal: Students leave their vehicles with masks on and report to their Staging Area. Social distance kept at all times.
- Start time: the Screening Team will take individual temperatures. Anyone with a temperature over 100.3 will be sent home immediately.
- As temperatures are taken, the band directors and drum majors will be taking attendance and verifying completion of health screenings.
PLAYING MASKS AND BELL COVERS/FLUTE SHIELDS
Bell covers and playing masks (which must be made by each student, video link below) are required at all rehearsals. A second preliminary report was recently released by the University of Colorado team studying aerosol spread of respiratory particles through band instruments. That report recommends the use of playing masks – face masks worn while playing with slits to access a mouthpiece—for indoor rehearsals. Out of an abundance of caution, even though we are staying outside I am going to require everyone to make a playing mask for summer and fall rehearsals.